User experience designer
We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer
We’re looking for a new member of our growing web design department. Not only will you be involved in all UX design, user journeys, prototyping, wire-framing and high-fidelity designs, but also have a significant creative role in managing multiple internal and external projects. We are looking for a leader, someone who can manage client expectations, time efficiently.
If you’re smart, quick thinking, collaborative, web savvy and love digital design, then we want to hear from you. We benefit from quite a flat team structure, so you’ll need to be pro-active and comfortable challenging the way we think and work. The right candidate will be innovative, reliable and hardworking, all whilst keeping an eye on latest trends and technologies.
You’ll be working with all sorts of companies in a variety of sectors, from global brands to fantastic start-ups. You will need to be able to think quickly on your feet and be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with team members and clients in this creative role.
What you’ll do:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
What you’ll bring:
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently, intelligently and on budget.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesising abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Pianos House – 4.01 Piano House, SW9 8DJ – a 1-minute walk from Brixton Station
While the coronavirus pandemic lasts, we welcome remote workers! You will be provided with a company laptop and, upon passing your probation, can request other items you need to work from home comfortably.
Why You Should Work for Passion Digital
- We are a full-service agency, which means that you can learn from people across the digital marketing spectrum!
- The Passion Academy offers tailored training programs to help you grow.
- We offer good benefits including flexible working hours, weekly socials (in person or online), regular learning sessions and more
- When we are in the office, you can enjoy ping pong, fresh fruit, weekly yoga, monthly massages, and a company fridge with beers for Fridays
- We close the office over the Christmas period so you can enjoy your holidays
- For each year you work at Passion, you get an extra day off
- When we can (thanks, corona), we love attending digital marketing awards nights and hosting digital marketing training sessions for industry professionals
- Pandemic-allowing, we have quarterly parties with our great team of Passionistas