Senior Digital Strategist
This role would suit a bold, innovative digital strategist with a media planning background and a proven track record leading relationships and growing businesses.
The Senior Digital Strategist will be responsible for devising cross channel strategies across paid, owned and earned media. The role will close coordination and collaboration across the agency’s specialist marketing functions (PPC, Display, Video, Social, Content, SEO & UX).
The Senior Digital Strategist will be part of the growing Insight & Strategy team at Passion Digital. They will report to the agency’s Managing Partner for Insight & Strategy and be supported by an Insight & Strategy Executive and Data Analyst. They will be expected to manage and mentor the junior team members as well as maintaining great relationships with account managers and Heads of Department across the agency.
You will forge strong relationships with our senior clients, and as such will be an extension of their business: a consultant, a partner, a problem solver. This will be in 3 key areas.
- Competitor audits – review a competitor’s comms and media strategy and identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
- Audience research and persona development –use 3rd party data and 1st party research to identify core and stretch audience focus and strategies
- Channel identification and prioritisation – understand the role and focus for each channel and how to measure effectiveness of individual channel contribution
- Devise and implement bold, innovative, bespoke and ultimately effective digital strategies
- Translate strategies into client targets and KPIs, and build accurate cross-channel forecasts
- Create and lead strategy and planning presentations to senior client stakeholders
- Effectively coordinate specialist teams to ensure cohesion and that tactics remain aligned to the overall strategy (be the internal client)
- Lead overall performance on monthly report calls, quarterly reviews and annual reviews
- Identify potential upsell opportunities for existing clients and assist channel specialists in putting together proposals
- Identify potential cross-channel opportunities and present to the relevant teams to ensure a more joined-up digital approach
2. New Business
- Lead proposal creation, utilising knowledge/input of channel specialists
- Lead pitch and subsequent comms
- Client onboarding, including contract, client cards, billing, email group/Slack channel set up, team assembly
- Ensure constant innovation across our existing accounts, working closely with all teams to ensure this is happing at a micro level as well as macro
- Serve as a thought leader across the business and sector on topics such as planning, product, strategy and innovation
- Contribute thought leadership pieces to the Passion blog and be an ambassador for the agency at industry events
Why you should work for Passion
- It’s fun. We are a young, vibrant, collaborative and talented group of digital marketers, growing fast as an agency that works hard to play hard.
- The Passion Academy offers tailored training programmes to help you grow and develop your career.
- Access to senior management. The door is always open, we love feedback and have a sacrosanct monthly State of the Nation meeting to report on how we are doing as a business and celebrate personal and collective successes.
- Competitive and progressive personal package. Including salary, pension, flexible working hours and 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, and one extra holiday day for each year you work with us… plus regular performance reviews and check-ins.
- Balance. When in the office, you can enjoy ping pong, fresh fruit, weekly yoga, and a company fridge with beers for early-finish Fridays.
- Safe and healthy working. Both at home and in the office we will support all your tech requirements, including your own laptop, double screens, etc.
- Camaraderie. Our Sports & Social Club is owned and run by you and the team, organising regular monthly activities, summer and Christmas parties… you name it!
- Market facing. We love attending digital marketing awards nights, commenting on industry issues and sharing our knowledge/experience
Piano House – 4.01 Piano House, London SW9 8DJ – a 1-minute walk from Brixton Station