Head of SEO
We’re looking for an experienced SEO expert to lead our growing team, shaping and delivering the SEO strategy for our wide range of clients including National Trust, Jigsaw & Teletext Holidays. You will be responsible for devising the strategy that we deliver to clients from the ground up. You will have a prominent role in shaping the direction of both the team and the company as a whole.
If you’re smart, quick thinking and passionate about SEO we want to hear from you. You’ll need to challenge the way we think and work, be innovative, reliable and hard working. You will be managing and growing a talented team of SEO professionals and overseeing the SEO campaigns for some of the biggest brands in the world, as well as many fantastic start-ups. It’ll be up to you to use the resources available in the most effective way possible.
You will need to be able to think quickly on your feet and be able to communicate efficiently and effectively in this client-facing role. This includes pitching for new business, presenting at QBRs and at Passion-led events. You will be the go-to SEO expert for both the team and our largest clients. You will need to be able to manage a talented team of SEO professionals efficiently and delegate tasks to your team members when required.
- SEO strategy development, implementation and innovating to deliver success
- Leading SEO strategy and implementation for our senior clients
- Complete technical SEO responsibility
- Defining and improving our SEO offering through new products & services
- Supporting our new business team during the proposal / pitching process
- Oversee the SEO team growth, profitability, well-being and productivity
- Create a team dynamic that people want to be part of with a clear vision and direction.
- Be responsible for the growth of the department through new and existing clients
- Introduce and manage process development and automation to drive efficiency
- Develop and nurture the skills of the existing SEO team
- Being part of the management team and keeping senior stakeholders up to date with team development
- Be the go-to person for the team in terms of advice and direction in all things SEO both inside and outside of Passion Digital.
- 5 years + experience of hands-on SEO
- Strong client management skills with experience pitching for new business
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, Search Console, AHREFS, SEOMonitor, SEMRUSH and other industry leading tools
- Experience with medium-large scale ecommerce websites
- Impeccable written and spoken English
- Decent grasp of Excel (vlookups, pivots, countif, iferror, len, or|and etc.)
- Able to produce client facing documents to a high standard using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of managing a team of 5+ team members
- Ability to pass on skills and learnings to others in a clear and concise way
- Strong numerical, analytical and creative skills
- Strong attention to detail with impeccably high standards
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
9am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday +/- 1 hour
4pm Friday Finish
- We are super flexible, friendly and personable. Each one of our employees gets a say in how we move forward as a company
- 23 days holiday you also get your birthday off each year
- For each year you work at Passion, you get an extra day of holiday
- Flexi hours – 8am – 9.30am to 4:30pm-6.00pm
- 4pm finish EVERY FRIDAY (not just the summer
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Free professional massages
- Free breakfast
- Free bar
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Access to Perkbox on passing probation – 100’s of discounts and freebies
- Ping Pong and Foosball tables
- Pension scheme
At Passion Digital we believe happy people make motivated and hardworking employees who do great and rewarding work for our clients. Therefore, we focus on creating an inclusive and effective work environment where people get the opportunity and freedom to be the best versions of themselves, both professionally and personally.
Passion Digital aims to create a nourishing and effective environment. We offer our employees in-office massages, Yoga & Pilates, subsidised gym membership, regular sports days, fruit and healthy snacks, breakfast and drinks, as well as flexible working hours and shorter Friday hours. We encourage teamwork and have regular agency lunches, individual presentations and team days out. Additionally, we provide a benefits package with many more perks.
Passion Digital is an advocate for continuous development and career progression. We provide our employees with subsidised learning opportunities both inside and outside of our office and believe that nurturing talent and helping our people grow, grows our company, our clients and our community.
In 2018-2019 Passion went through many exciting transformations. The agency has doubled its employee count, expanded its office space and won several clients that offer our staff some fascinating new challenges.
Passion Digital are a full-service digital performance marketing agency. We have dedicated content, design and development resource in house and this ability to be in complete control of our output, means that we can deliver innovative, award winning campaigns.