Head of Content
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Content to lead our growing team, shaping and delivering the integrated content strategies for our wide range of clients. You will be responsible for the growth of the department and the management of the team. You will have a prominent role in shaping the direction of both the content team and the company.
If you’re smart, quick thinking and passionate about content and its relationship with SEO performance we want to hear from you. You’ll need to challenge the way we think and work, be innovative, reliable and hard working. You will be managing and growing a talented team of content professionals and overseeing the content campaigns for some big brands, as well as many fantastic start-ups. It’ll be up to you to use the resources available in the most effective way possible.
You will need to be able to think quickly on your feet and be able to communicate efficiently and effectively in this client-facing role. This includes pitching for new business, presenting at QBRs and at Passion-led events. You will be the go-to content expert for both the team and our largest clients. You will need to be able to manage a team of content professionals efficiently and delegate tasks to your team members when required.
- Oversee content strategy, planning and tactical delivery of all content marketing work for all clients
- Lead content strategy and implementation for our senior clients and Passion Digital
- Drive strategic decisions for the team and work to set SLAs and best practice across the department
- Facilitate content operations and resource planning to meet client demands
- Educate wider organisation about our services and initiate cross departmental collaborations
- Drive the implementation of quality working frameworks to ensure best practices across the department
- Work with our new business team during the proposal / pitching process
- Manage a team of 6, grow it to 10 by the end of next year!
- Oversee the content team growth, well-being and productivity
- Create a team dynamic that people want to be part of with a clear vision and direction
- Develop and nurture the skills of the existing content team
- Work closely with the technical SEO and performance marketing team to achieve team goals
- Be the go-to person for the team in terms of advice and direction in all things content both inside and outside of Passion Digital.
Key Role Requirements
- 4 years + experience of hands-on content work; writing, editing, research, outreach…
- Experience planning and devising successful outreach / link building campaigns
- Experience of content amplification via social media
- Demonstrable understanding of how content drives the principles of inbound marketing
- Proven track record of running successful content marketing campaigns with SEO performance in mind
- Excellent client management skills with experience leading content pitches for new business
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, Search Console, AHREFS, SEOMonitor, SEMRUSH and other industry leading tools
- Impeccable written and spoken English and attention to detail
- Able to produce client facing documents to a high standard using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of managing small teams & freelancers
- Strong creative skills
- Understand and communicate creative concepts to different audiences
- Existing network of contacts for blogger outreach, link building or content writing (ideally!)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and time management
- Confident delivering training to clients and staff.
Why you should work for Passion
- It’s fun. We are a young, vibrant, collaborative and talented group of digital marketers, growing fast as an agency that works hard to play hard.
- The Passion Academy offers tailored training programmes to help you grow and develop your career.
- Access to senior management. The door is always open, we love feedback and have a sacrosanct monthly State of the Nation meeting to report on how we are doing as a business and celebrate personal and collective successes.
- Competitive and progressive personal package. Including salary, pension, flexible working hours and 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, and one extra holiday day for each year you work with us… plus regular performance reviews and check-ins.
- Balance. When in the office, you can enjoy ping pong, fresh fruit, weekly yoga, and a company fridge with beers for early-finish Fridays
- Safe and healthy working. Both at home and in the office we will support all your tech requirements, including your own laptop, double screens, etc.
- Camaraderie. Our Sports & Social Club is owned and run by you and the team, organising regular monthly activities, summer and Christmas parties… you name it!
- Market facing. We love attending digital marketing awards nights, commenting on industry issues and sharing our knowledge/experience.
Piano House – 4.01 Piano House, London SW9 8DJ – a 1-minute walk from Brixton Station