Carolina, our Marketing and PR Assistant, is here to share what she found in her social newsfeeds this week in the hopes she can bring some insight into what’s currently going on… and maybe even inspire you!
Game Changer Apps: Productivity, Self-Care and Mental Health
We are going through challenging times. The global pandemic caused by the COVID-19 virus has changed the way we go about our daily lives, from our work environment to the way we interact and communicate with each other. This situation is undeniably impacting us in a variety of different ways – that’s why it’s important, now more than ever, to take care of ourselves and look for different ways to keep our motivation and spirits up.
Forest: Stay focused, be present
For many of us, our workplace environment has changed drastically. Now you might find yourself working from home and it might be quite challenging to keep yourself focused and productive throughout the day. Personally, I found Forest a good way to set daily milestones, track how I’m spending my time and keep myself focused in a fun way.
Check out our blog post on how to stay sane and productive while working from home for more tips.
Self-care and mental health
The way we think and feel about ourselves and the environment around us can impact our daily activities and overall productivity, from keeping ourselves physically active to nourishing our thoughts and having a good mindset. Every effort we put towards achieving our objectives, no matter how small, counts.
Fabulous and Headspace are my go-to self-care app recommendations. Fabulous allows you to build morning and evening rituals, provides tips for healthy eating and maintaining an exercise routine, boosts your motivation and more. Headspace provides guided meditation programmes and tips on how to sleep soundly. I can’t think of a better app combination for self-care and looking after my mental health!
Community Efforts: How to Help Small Businesses During a Crisis
It’s been very comforting seeing the community pull together to support all the small businesses out there that have been negatively impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. The Independent came out with a very interesting article about different ways we can help local businesses during these challenging times.
Here are my top three suggestions:
- Buy locally: With the government’s social distancing policy in place, it might become easier for many of us to support small shops around our places of residence
- Support on social media: Recently a lot of businesses have been forced to shut down and an encouraging message, a good review or a shout out post are all nice ways to show your support
- Join online classes: Taking part in an online workout session, yoga class or training seminar is a great way to show solidarity, provide support and keep your local businesses afloat.
Virtual Meeting Platforms
As our best means of communication are now virtual, it’s very handy to know which platforms are best. I’ve come across some good platforms to help us feel close to one another, whether you’re using them for work conferences, meetings, parties or just a quick chit chat with your friends. My top recommendations are:
- Zoom: Zoom features clear audio and visuals, virtual backgrounds and recording capabilities, providing a pleasant user experience
- Microsoft Teams: This platform is ideal for work; it is an efficient and accessible collaboration tool that can accommodate up to 300 users at a time
Thanks for reading what caught my attention this week. I hope this blog post can provide some tips and inspiration during these unprecedented times. I would love to hear any of your recommendations as well! Leave a comment and let me know.